Wednesday 14 November 2007

My First Ebay Listing!

I've been using ebay for years, but strangely only for buying.

I've got plenty of junk lying around so thought it was bout time i learnt how to list my stuff online.

Thankfully it's easy.Obviously doin website design im perfectly capable of using these sort of things and yet for some reason i was kinda worried about trying to list something.

Mainly because at the root of this venture is money, and i knew any mistake i made would end up costing me.

But i just placed my first listing and it is easy! I even used the advanced listing option and there's nothing on there that was confusing. It's all very clear what options are free and what extras you have to pay for, and if you're already a buying member i'd recommend you find something you dont want and list it.

It's even a little fun.

Take a photo on your digital camera and get it on your computer (one pic is free, think extra pics are 15p each)

Sign in to ebay and click Sell (at the top next to buy)

It'll take you through bout three pages where you can preview your listing as it asks for all the details.

One thing i thought was really cool was it gave you the option to search for your product and it'd copy in all the technical details, stuff i never knew about!

Then it cost me 15p to list and i think there are different charges depending on how much it finishes on, plus i chose to receive payment via paypal and think they take a small percentage. But i figured this stuff is goin in the bin anyways so i might as well get whatever i can for it, so im learning by doing...

I've restrained to only listing one item so far:

my Game Boy Advance which i've never used, so i'll see how it goes, whether i can get any cash for it and then i'l list the rest of my rubbish.

1 comment:

  1. Update: SOLD! went really well, was definately easy enough and even a little fun, might be hard to get the price you want for something but great way of gettin money for nothing.

    hint: find an identical item and see watch what it goes for, so your not suprised if it sells cheap.

    ReplyDelete