Saturday 20 June 2009

Switched to Mac!?

After years of criticizing people who buy macs, i've made the switch.
Macbook pro unboxing

I've never understood why anyone would pay so much more for a machine that essentially does the same job as a PC, and yet for some reason i caved in and last week went out and bought myself a Macbook Pro.

Why? well, now i'm working as a full-time php developer i spend all day building solutions to problems and so when i get home i just want to use my laptop quickly and easily without having to deal with any issues. My acer laptop had begun to overheat with normal usage and would frequently freeze up, so i decided to take the plunge.

So far i'm extremely impressed! the quality of the build and the functionality builtin to the hardware are exceptional, little things like the light senstive backlit keyboard are just stunning.

Of course i'll contine to use my Windows Desktop machine, mainly for editing podcasts as it's geared up to handle my HD video, but for day-to-day usage i'm goin to be using my macbook.

Expect more posts on switching from PC to Mac, and web development!

No comments:

Post a Comment