Saturday 12 March 2011

From Wordpress to Blogger

As a PHP web developer, i often use my blog as my testing ground for new stuff. I've always used Wordpress for small sites and blogs and Drupal for my larger sites, but always wondered how well Google's Blogger works...

Seeing as they use it for their own Google blogs (webmaster, analytics, etc..) i thought it can't be bad, and obviously you don't have to worry about SEO, as i'm sure they pretty much have it covered, so I decided to move my blog and give it a try for a while.

Moving was pretty easy. First I created a new blog using my Gmail account and chose a theme. Second i exported my blog from Wordpress and used http://wordpress2blogger.appspot.com/ to convert the xml backup file onlline. Third I imported the new backup file into Blogger and tweeked some of the themes widget settings to get my 'Labels' displaying as links - done.

Hope this new platform will inspire me to blog more often. I'm still busy running the Xbox gaming blog: theLostnFound but I have lots of other stuff i want to blog about, which'll end up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment